Quality Electrodynamics is searching for an Automation Engineer
QED is seeking an individual who can support and lead automated test projects.
This highly technical position will be responsible for architecting, developing and implementing manufacturing automated assembly and test systems as part of a small cross functional team. This multi-faceted role requires versatility along with strong analytical skills and attention to detail. The engineer will be required to work both independently, as a collaborative member of a team, and as a leader of a team throughout various technical projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide continual leadership to improve quality and reduce cost of manufacturing processes by identifying, architecting, developing and implementing automation equipment and technologies.
- Develop automation system requirements, write verification and validation protocols, document evidence of execution of such protocols, and implement solutions into production processes.
- Contribute to the production automation strategic roadmap and execute accordingly
- Work directly with contractors supporting automation design and implementation.
- Extensive interaction with multiple departments, including Line Production and R&D.
- Traditional manufacturing engineering , including documentation and change orders (ECOs)
Education and Experience
4 year degree, with BS in one of the following:
- Applied Science in Industrial Automation or Systems Integration
- Computer Science/Engineering
- Electrical, Mechanical or Biomedical engineering, Physics, or related field
Required Experience & Skills
- At least three years’ experience working with assembly or test automation in a professional environment.
- Competency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel)
- Fluent in English with above average writing skills
Preferred Experience & Skills
A preferred candidate will have experience including several of the following:
- Project management
- Software development (including Labview)
- Manufacturing Engineering
Final responsibilities, compensation & title will be determined based on the quality & experience of the selected candidate.
QED in the News
Group Life Insurance
Short Term Disability
Paid Time Off