Quality Electrodynamics is searching for an Automation Project Engineer
QED is seeking an individual who will identify and lead automated assembly and test projects.
This position will be responsible for architecting, developing and implementing automated assembly and test systems as part of a small cross functional team.
This multi-faceted role requires versatility along with strong analytical skills and attention to detail. The engineer will be required to work both independently, as a collaborative member of a team, and as a leader of a team throughout various technical projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership to improve quality and reduce cost of manufacturing processes by identifying, architecting, developing and implementing automation equipment and technologies
- Develop automation system requirements, write verification and validation protocols, document evidence of execution of such protocols, and implement solutions into production processes
- Work directly with contractors supporting automation design and implementation
- Extensive interaction with multiple departments, including Line Production and R&D
4 year degree, with BS in one of the following:
- Applied Science in Industrial Automation or Systems Integration
- Computer Science/Engineering
- Electrical, Mechanical or Biomedical engineering, Physics, or related field
Required Experience and Skills
- At least five years’ technical experience working with assembly or test automation in a professional environment
- Competency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel)
- Fluent in English with above average writing skills
Preferred Experience and Skills
A preferred candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Project management
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Regulated environments (e.g. ISO 13485 FDA, FAA, etc.)
- Software including:
- Work with the interfaces between software, hardware, networks and systems
- Deployment of software and automation
- Software development
Final responsibilities, compensation & title will be determined based on the quality & experience of the selected candidate.