Quality Electrodynamics is searching for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer
QED is seeking an engineer who is passionate about both technology and manufacturing processes. Through technical, tactical, strategic and leadership support, this engineer will drive improvements in product assembly and test.
This multi-faceted role requires versatility along with strong analytical skills and attention to detail. The engineer will be required to work both independently, as a collaborative member of a team, and as a leader of a team throughout various technical projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership to improve quality and reduce cost of manufacturing processes by identifying, developing and implementing new processes, equipment and technologies
- Product Life-Cycle engineering support, including New Product Introduction (NPI), Production, Process and Service support
- 4 year degree, with BS in one of the following: Electrical, Mechanical or Biomedical engineering, Physics, or related field
Experience and Skills
- At least five years’ technical experience working in a professional environment
- Competency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel)
- Fluent in English with above average writing skills
An ideal candidate will have experience and skills in all 3 categories:
- Technical Expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- Assembly and/or Test automation
- Surface Mount Technology (SMT)
- Cable assembly
- Software development and deployment in larger environments, including interfaces between software, hardware, networks and systems
- Paperless systems
- Project management
- Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- Production support in a high mix / low volume manufacturing environment
- Experience in a federally regulated manufacturing environment (e.g. ISO 13485 FDA, FAA, etc.)
- Design for X: Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design to Cost (DtC), etc.
- Process verification and validation
- 5S and Lean manufacturing
Final responsibilities, compensation & title will be determined based on the quality & experience of the selected candidate.