Quality Electrodynamics is searching for a Supply Chain Specialist
The Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for obtaining the best quality, service, and value for products through effective quoting, negotiation, and supplier management. Purchases critical, complex and/or high value parts and can effectively rationalize material spend. Works within Operations and cross-functionally to develop short-term and long-term commodity strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Negotiate best pricing and lead times with suppliers, factoring in true landed cost, accounting for transportation, quality, etc.
- Monitor performance for assigned suppliers and take action when required to improve performance for On Time Delivery; Supplier Right First Time (Quality); and Shortage Reduction. Lead supplier dashboard adoption both with suppliers and within QED.
- Develop strategic suppliers and recommend steps to minimize supply chain risk in assigned commodities.
- Take proactive initiative to resolve problems involving materials, planning, manufacturing and supply chain. Drive innovation and process improvements on a continual basis.
- Acts as point of escalation for supplier shortage resolution.
- Lead and participate on cost reduction projects that require multi-disciplinary resources.
- Execute change orders to implement Procurement-led product and supply chain changes and to support business needs.
- Actively participates in sourcing decisions, including Make v. Buy value analysis.
- Create, place, confirm and monitor purchase orders with approved suppliers.
- Ensure compliance to quality system requirements.
- Mentor and provide general guidance to Procurement and cross-functional teams on Procurement processes, procedures and best practices.
- Contribute to the overall cross-functional awareness and growth of procurement related goals and critical metrics and identify/propose opportunities to improve.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or related field
- 7 years’ experience in Procurement or Sourcing
Skills and Abilities
- Proactive, results driven with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation
- Analytical ability
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex problems
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strategic sourcing/procurement experience
- Knowledge /experience with ERP/MRP software
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Be able to learn fast and multitask
- Solid written, interpersonal and communication skills
- Optimistic outlook, team oriented attitude
- Experience in electronics procurement or sourcing
- Medical device or other regulated industry experience
- Experience leading cost-reduction projects
- Project management experience
- Professional certification preferred
QED in the News
Group Life Insurance
Short Term Disability
Paid Time Off