Quality Electrodynamics is searching for a Technical Writer
QED is seeking a versatile technical writer, who is interested in making a contribution beyond simply creating manufacturing documentation.
This position will be responsible for writing and updating manufacturing documentation for internal company use. The technical writer will also support Engineering Change Orders and other engineering activities. The technical writer will be required to work both independently and as a collaborative member of a team.
- Create New Product Introduction (NPI) Work Instructions (WI), Test Instructions (TI) and other manufacturing documents
- Update and reformat manufacturing documentation as necessary
- Monitor effectiveness of documentation and give recommendations for improvements in style, format, etc.
- Manufacturing engineering departmental support, including: documentation, data collection and analysis, presentations, and change orders (ECOs).
- Work extensively with multiple departments, including Line Production and R&D
- Support project to evaluate and implement work instruction software option
Bachelor’s degree in either:
- Technical writing, communications or related field
- Technical or science related degrees
Required Experience & Skills
- 3-5 years of technical writing experience
- Must have experience developing written procedures
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Proficient with photography and photo editing
Preferred Experience & Skills
A preferred candidate will have experience with several of the following:
- Proficiency with Excel and Power Point.
- Documentation related to electronics manufacturing
- Documentation control in an ISO 9000 / FDA regulated environment
- Generating charts, reports, presentations, etc.
- Collecting and analyzing data
- Alternative methods of documentation creation, formatting, and control
- Proficiency with Agile or other documentation data base system
- Knowledge of work instruction software packages
Final responsibilities, compensation and title will be determined based on the quality and experience of the selected candidate.
QED in the News
Group Life Insurance
Short Term Disability
Paid Time Off