Quality Electrodynamics is searching for a Technical Writer
Writes and edits documentation, including work instructions, process documents, etc. Provides support for engineering change orders and other engineering activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create New Product Introduction (NPI) work instructions, test instructions and other manufacturing documents
- Update and/or reformat work instructions and test instructions
- Monitor effectiveness of documentation and give recommendations for improvements in style, format, etc.
- Manufacturing engineering departmental support, including: documentation, data collection and analysis, presentations, and engineering change orders
- Other documentation duties as assigned by Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in either:
- Technical writing, communications or related field
- Technical or science related degrees
- Experience creating work instructions
- Experience documenting electronics manufacturing
- Experience with alternative methods of documentation creation, formatting, and control
- Experience generating charts, reports, etc.
Skills and Abilities
- High proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Proficient with photography and photo editing
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Agile or other documentation data base system
- Familiarity with documentation control in an ISO 9000 environment
- Familiarity with the collection and analysis of data